Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Planting Garden's, 5k's, Disney on Ice!


Thank you to Log Cabin for sponsoring my post about updated traditions in my household. To learn more about Log Cabin Syrups (which are all free of High Fructose Corn Syrup), breakfast for dinner, and other new ways to update traditions in your home, click here. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.


What in the WORLD do those things in the title have to do with each other you ask?!?

Traditions!

Back in March my husband took our 2 year old on their first Official "Date Night." 
Disney on Ice!
We prepped and prepared my daughter for about a week telling her that she was going to be seeing all her favorite characters and going to dinner and having a night with dad!
She was so excited! 
It was a great turn out for her and we plan to make it an annual event that they do together (without mom) every year. This is such a fun event that they will always remember Dad taking them (I say them because when the other kids get older they will be able to go along too).

 Bad pictures due to bad lighting inside the arena and cell phone camera and hubby as the picture taker.

This summer will be our third year planting a garden. This is like my favorite thing EVER! 
It's so fun to plant seeds and watch them grow and produce Fruit's and Veggies!
Then when we have an overload of veggies, we walk around the neighborhood with the wagon and give it to our neighbors. Talk about putting a smile on peoples faces!
 (last years garden L to R: Zucchini, Tomato, Peppers, Green Beans, Carrots, Onions, Pumpkins)

And one that I decided on this year that will be happening in a few weeks is a local 
5k event.
Me and my husband are not runners, but I thought it would be so much fun to get out the double stroller and walk/jog the 5k together with our kids and then they have TONS of kids activities during the day...Face painting, bounce houses, barn yard animal birthday party, food vendors, music, etc.
 So I signed us up and it's going to be a day full of Family Fun!

A couple other things we do: During the summer months our street has a block party every month (neighbors take turns hosting), Attend the church 4th of July Breakfast at a local park, Family Nights on Mondays, Sugar Cookies on Valentines Day, etc.
I love holiday traditions, but what are some of your more unusual traditions?


I'm thankful to the Clever Girls Collective for letting me write this post!


1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love your blog and I'm your newest followers! I was honored to recieve and now I am honored to give:)
Tiffany
http://ladycrafter14.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-and-award-for-me.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...