Saturday, November 13, 2010

24 Days of Christmas Books

I have heard over the years of the tradition of reading one Children's Christmas book a day until Christmas (Starting Dec 1st). A couple years ago I started acquiring my books. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 month old and I feel like we are just entering the time when reading a book every night will be so fun.

Here's the ones I have now:


1.The Christmas Cobwebs, by Odds Bodkins




















3.Angela and the Baby Jesus, by Frank McCourt











4.The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg










5.A Merry Little Christmas, by Mary Engelbreit











6.The Night Before Christmas, by Jan Brett








7.Follow the Star, (board book, couldn't find an author, I think this is just a series of books that a lot of people put together)



8.Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas, by Jane O'Connor











9.Jolly Old Santa Claus, by Alice Leedy Mason







Here are the ones I think look like they would be good to own:


The Mitten, by Jan Brett









The Grinch That Stole Christmas, by Dr. Seuss












The Gift of the Christmas Cookie, by Dandi Daley Mackall










The Christmas Sweater, by Glenn Beck








The Gift of the Magi, (any version)


A Christmas Dress for Ellen, as told by Thomas S. Monson










Room for a Little One, by Martin Waddell










I thought I would post this now so if anyone would like to implement this into their traditions this year then they would have time to do this.

Also, even if I bought the rest of these books that only adds to 16, so I'm still short 8 books, Anyone have suggestions of great Childrens Christmas picture books?

2 comments:

stout family said...

I picked up a couple of the Christmas Story Collections at Deseret Book last year after Christmas. I supplement with those (shorter ones for younger kids) until I have more picture books. Also, in the past, we have gotten board and picture books at the library. Free ROCKS! Hope that helps! Good luck & happy reading!

Anonymous said...

We used to do this when the kids were younger. I miss it! When I pull it out I will send you a list of the ones you don't have. The most notable one you are missing is the Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey -Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...